- The dog
- A better understanding
- Not what I was looking for
- About 2017
- What are you so afraid of? – In Pastry Box Project
- Half a notebook full of late-night & insomnia notes
Overheard or said
- “I accidentally hit him with my pineapple.”
- “Are you fighting the coconut again?”
A few links to articles I enjoyed reading.
- Meme’s Best Friend: The Rise of ‘Doggo’
- The 7 Rules of Compliment Club
- The Men Who Want to Live Forever
- The Ways You Know It Isn’t Love
- Does This Year Make Me Look Angry?
- This is How You Say Goodbye
- What to Say When You Meet the Angel of Death at a Party
- How You Promote People Can Make or Break Company Culture
- As the whole story around Aziz Ansari unfolded, here are a few articles dissecting it (or re-shared since they’re discussing related topics), all of which I heavily nodded to many times (yes they’re a lot of articles, but they’re good articles, and all important):
- What Should We Expect From Liberal, Feminist Men Like Aziz Ansari?
- Here’s why Aziz Ansari’s behaviour matters
- Stop Waiting For The Real Aziz Ansari
- What Aziz Ansari’s “Apology” Says About How Men View Their Encounters With Women
- Aziz, We Tried to Warn You
- Aziz Ansari and #MeToo backlash: We won’t stop talking about consent
- Aziz Ansari Didn’t Do Anything Illegal But That’s Not The Point
- Consent alone is a low bar for sex: “We have become more comfortable talking about girls’ victimization than girls’ pleasure”
- Aziz Ansari, Consent And The Difference Between “Okay, Fine” And Yes
- Liberal men think they know feminism. They really don’t
- Aziz Ansari and Me
- In Italy
- At home
- In Hong Kong (and there are pictures!)
- In Thailand (here are a few photos)
- On planes
- On boats
- The luckiest woman
The best pictures
- The sun shining a bright light onto the forest on the hill, with a backdrop of a very dark sky.
- The hills in twilight.
- A sky so full of stars.
- Opening the curtains and seeing the sunlight through the olive trees.
- Sitting on a wall, having gelato, watching the sun set over the hill.
- The view of the city from the top of the hill.
- Piña Colada on the beach.
- The jungle, after coming out of the cave.
- The fire show that ended before it’d really begun.
- The time I almost accidentally blew up a gas station.
- The lighthouse.
- Butterflies, bigger than the palms of my hands.
- Standing on the boat, the wind blowing the wind into our faces.
- The rainbow-coloured fish. The corals. And the turquoise sea.
- The time we got into a fight with a monkey gang.
- The time someone™? fed the monkey with papaya peel.
- The time a monkey peed on my shirt.
- The dinner in the restaurant that was likely not actually a restaurant.
- Floating in the warm ocean water in the dark, looking at the lights on the beach, the moon and my favourite constellation above my head.
- Take a horse-fie.
- Find out that there’s a version of my face without dark under-eye circles.
- Lock myself out of my suitcase [sic], three hours before a long-haul flight.
- Forget my wallet at home.
- Build a LEGO tower to represent myself (it was made of Duplo, had a turtle as foundation, and included a polar bear and an airplane carrying a tiger, a dolphin, and angry superwoman).
- Drive a scooter for the first time
- Have the best pineapple of my life
- Wear a helmet (and we’ll never talk about the ordeal of finding one again; also, let’s all pray that the pictures of that helmet, that was mostly on top of (instead of on) my head, never end up on the internet)
- Swim through a cave
- Save a guy from the jungle (not kidding)
- Make decisions
- Climb a mountain
- The most wonderful New Year’s eve with a treasure hunt, outstanding food, and lovely people.
- The best pasta in the world, cooked by the 87-year-old Nonna.
- An anxiety attack over the thought of my vacation ending.
- A very dirty car.
- A good cry while driving to the airport.
- Oversized luggage because too many edible souvenirs.
- A breakdown on a Monday morning.
- Drinks with dog.
- Six nights at home.
- Tim Tams.
- Chinese cucumber salad for life.
- Thai food every day.
- Pineapple and fresh coconut all day every day.
- An in-depth conversation about dragon fruit.
- Thai pancakes. And sticky rice with Mango!
- A good conversation about caring, and what happens if you don’t.
- Another good cry while driving to the airport.
- The worst cold in combination with a long-haul flight.
Books I finished
- – (having quite a few in progress is also important though!)
- The wind in the olive trees.
- The city.
- Tongue twisters in three languages.
- The waves.
- The honking scooters.
- The strange birds.
- The loudest crickets alive.
- The humming of the machines.
- This is Us: Season 1&2 (FINALLY)
- Grace and Frankie: Season 4
- Rita: Season 4
- Low — Especially Me
- Phoebe Bridgers — Funeral
- Alex Turner — It’s Hard to Get Around the Wind
- Albin de la Simone — Le grand amour
- Sequoyah Tiger — Sissi
- We Invented Paris — Bubbletrees
- Flunk — Only You (Yuleboard Live Version)
- Ringo Starr — Photograph
- Keaton Henson — Beekeeper
- Brian Tyree Henry — We Can Always Come Back To This
- How things end