Over the past few years, I got to speak at and keynote several conferences. Here are the recordings and transcripts. I also wrote a little guide for how I prepare conference talks.
- September 20-21, New York, EmpireJS 2018: Do you read me? – Better communication for stronger teams
- The business case for diversity and inclusion: productivity, innovation and profit, Berlin, August 2018
- Fostering Diversity in the Workforce, Berlin, July 2018
- Designing independence, ind.ie summit 2014
Debugging the Tech Industry: A Talk about you and me
Closing JSConf Australia 2016 in Melbourne (video) and speaking at Software Art Thou meetup in June 2017. Here are transcript and slides.
A Talk about Nothing
Closing Keynote for.concat() 2015; net awards 2015 finalist for “Conference Talk of the Year”. Closing Keynote for ScotlandJS 2015 (video).
Existing in Tech
Opening Keynote for View Source Berlin 2016 (Storify), and closing Keynote for CSSConf Nordic 2016 (video, transcript and slides).
Works on my Machine: Problem exists between Keyboard and Chair
Closing Keynote for JSConf Budapest 2016 and UpFront Conference 2016. Here are transcript and slides.
A Talk about Everything
Closing Keynote for ffconf/FullFrontal 2015.
This is bigger than us – building a future for Open Source
Presented at JSConf EU 2014; closing Keynote at jsist and ArrrrCamp 2014. Slides.
Some randomly selected Audience Feedback
“You could have heard a pin drop while @lrnrd spoke.” (Shelly C., .concat() 2015)
“You could hear a pin drop in here at #ffconf” (Remy S., FullFrontal 2015)
“You could hear a pin drop.” (Glen M., JSConf Budapest 2016)
“You could hear a pin drop during @lrnrd’s #upfrontconf talk” (Stuart M., Upfront Conf 2016)
- FrOSCon: Coding the Dream: an introduction to Hoodie, Offline First and noBackend (slides)
- IndieTech Summit: For the future of the Web, Diversity is non-negotiable (video, slides)
- TechFusion Meetup: One Million Cheesecakes: an introduction to Hoodie (slides)
- Codefront: Open Source and the Mayas or: Building a future for Open Source (slides)
- up.front Meetup: Confessions of an Alien: attracting non-coding experts to Open Source projects (slides)